Drag tab to its own window

Mar 25, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Is there a way to draga  tab outside of the actual window and have it be its own window?

Similar to how VisualStudio Team Explorer 2010 does it or how Google Chrome does it?

Coordinator
Mar 26, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Nice, I like that idea.  So I once you've dragged a tab outside the window and it becomes its own window I suppose you'd need to be able to drag that window back in to the main window and become a tab again.  Presumably it could just be the "last" tab rather than remembering its original location amongst the tab items.  Thoughts?

Mar 26, 2010 at 5:46 PM

YEah if you drag the tab off it becomes a window, then you can drag it back and it become the last tab, or I have even seen you be able to drop it anywhere but as long as it can go back that would be great.  Let me know if you want help and or testing done..

Coordinator
Mar 28, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Thanks for the offer cgmt, give me a couple of weeks here, and if I haven't gotten the time to work on it, I will take you up on it.

May 4, 2010 at 12:34 AM

Any ideas on getting the drag and drop to other windows. I need it for one of my POC's. Thanks in advance.

Jul 26, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Any progress on this? This would make this control a killer control. Willing to work on this with you if you are doing it.

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Hi all.  I have not made any progress on this specific feature.  I welcome it if one of you is interested in trying to implement it.  I've just moved across the country and started a new day job, so the odds of me finding time to implement it myself anytime soon are not good.

I would recommend working off of the most recent changeset vs the last release, as there have been a good number of changes made that I certainly want to keep.

I may be able help in advisory capacity however.  If you have some ideas on how you want to do it, feel free to run them by me.

Thanks for the interest,

Josh